2019 Annual Graduate Student Research Symposium
Coming Spring 2019
About the Symposium
The 2019 Annual Graduate Student Research Symposium provides a venue for graduate students in all disciplines to present their current research and obtain feedback from faculty and peers. The event will bring together graduate students as well as faculty mentors and judges in an effort to foster further academic collaboration. All graduate students are encouraged to apply; however, students without previous conference experience will greatly benefit from participating in this event and are highly encouraged to apply.
|Deadline to Submit Posters for Printing by Graduate Studies||TBA|
The Research Symposium is a half-day event consisting of graduate student poster presentations, judging, and a reception. Applications that meet submission qualifications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Faculty Review and Awards
All posters will be viewed by at least one judge who will evaluate various aspects of the poster itself as well as the scholars' ability to effectively present and discuss their research. Based upon the judges' evaluations, there will be twelve (12) $500 conference travel awards presented to participants of the research symposium; one from each of six general disciplines, and six additional awards based on the relative number of submissions in those disciplines. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
Submit Your Application FormLink: Application to Present at the Graduate Student Research Symposium (USF student email login required)
Submit the Application to Present at the Graduate Student Research Symposium, using your USF student email login. If you have trouble accessing the registration form, please log out of your Google account in your browser and log back in under your USF student email account with your NetID (@mail.usf.edu).
Poster Requirements & SubmissionLink: Poster Submission Form
Graduate students will be responsible for preparing and printing their portrait orientation posters: maximum size 36" (width) x 48" (height). Posters may be printed free of charge through the Office of Graduate Studies and must be submitted for printing no later than TBA.
NOTE: Posters that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
To submit your poster for free printing, please do the following:
- Manually size your poster to 36" (w) x 48" (h).
- Save your file as a PDF.
- Share your PDF using Google Drive (get help from Google here)
- Log into your USF Student Google account with your @mail.usf.edu email address at www.google.com.
- Select the Google Apps Icon from the top right of your screen
- Choose your Drive from the list of Apps.
- Upload your PDF and choose the share link, change the settings so that anyone with the link can edit.
- Copy the link.
- Complete the Poster Printing Form here
- Fill in the information.
- Paste the share link to your PDF poster from your Google Drive.
- Pick up your poster in 7-10 days from ALN 226, you will receive an email when printing is completed.