Monday, March 20, 2017
1:00pm - 5:00pm
Marshall Student Center Ballroom
This year we have a record 183 posters being presented at the Symposium! We've created a PDF with all of the presenters' abstracts - showcasing some of the most innovative and exciting research at USF!Link: 2017 Graduate Student Research Symposium - Abstracts
About the SymposiumLink: Overview of the USF Graduate Student Research Symposium (with an archive of award winners)
The 9th Annual Graduate Student Research Symposium provides a venue for graduate students in all disciplines to present their current research and obtain feedback from faculty and peers. The event will bring together graduate students, faculty mentors, and judges in an effort to foster further academic collaboration. All graduate students are encouraged to apply; however, students without previous conference experience will greatly benefit from participating in this event and are highly encouraged to apply.
|Application Deadline||Monday, March 6, 2017 (5:00pm)|
|Deadline to Submit Posters for Printing by Graduate Studies||Monday, March 13, 2017 (5:00pm)|
|Event Date||Monday, March 20, 2017|
|Event Check-In||Begins at 12:00pm|
The Research Symposium is a half-day event consisting of graduate student poster presentations, judging, and a reception. Applications that meet submission qualifications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Faculty Review and Awards
All posters will be viewed by at least one judge who will evaluate various aspects of the poster itself as well as the scholars' ability to effectively present and discuss their research. Based upon the judges' evaluations, there will be twelve (12) $500 conference travel awards presented to participants of the research symposium; one from each of six general disciplines, and six additional awards based on the relative number of submissions in those disciplines. Winners will be notified by e-mail.
Poster Requirements & SubmissionLink: Poster Submission Form
Graduate students will be responsible for preparing and printing their portrait orientation posters: maximum size 36" (width) x 48" (height). Posters may be printed free of charge through the Office of Graduate Studies and must be submitted for printing no later than Monday, March 13, 2017 (5:00pm).
NOTE: Posters that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
To submit your poster for free printing, please do the following:
- Manually size your poster to 36" (w) x 48" (h).
- Save your file as a PDF or PowerPoint (PPT).
- Share your PDF or PPT using Google Drive (get help from Google here)
- Log into your USF Student Google account with your @mail.usf.edu email address at www.google.com.
- Select the Google Apps Icon from the top right of your screen
- Choose your Drive from the list of Apps.
- Upload your PDF or PPT and choose the share link, change the settings so that anyone with the link can edit.
- Copy the link.
- Complete the Poster Printing Form here
- Fill in the information.
- Paste the share link to your PDF or PPT poster from your Google Drive.
- Pick up your poster in 7-10 days from ALN 226, you will receive an email when printing is completed.