Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - GMS6907
Tracking Number - 2465
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2011-06-30
Submission Type: Terminate
Course Change Information (for course changes only): GMS 6907 Grantsmanship III is currently the third in a 3-course series required for the degree. This course is being dropped as a requirement and the series is being reduced to a two-course series of 1 credit courses for a total of 2 credits instead of 3 credits: GMS 6905 Grantsmanship I (1 credit) and GMS 6906 Grantsmanship II (1 credit) thus reducing the credit hours required for the concentration in Clinical and Translational Research in the MSMS degree program.
Comments: recd 3/11/11- returned to faculty column for editing. Re-submitted for review 3/17/11; approved 4/18/11. to USF System for conc. 5/3/11. Ready for SCNS 5/11/11; SCNS approved the discontinuation of GMS 6907, effective 8/1/2011. banner updated
- Date & Time Submitted: 2011-02-17
- Department: Medical Sciences
- College: MD
- Budget Account Number: 600105
- Contact Person: Sandra Anderson
- Phone: 8139745566
- Email: email@example.com
- Prefix: GMS
- Number: 6907
- Full Title: Grantsmanship III
- Credit Hours: 1
- Section Type: D -
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: Y
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Grantsmanship III
- Course Online?: C -
Face-to-face (0% online)
- Percentage Online: 0
- Grading Option:
R - Regular
- Prerequisites: GMS 6905 and GMS 6906
- Course Description: Course has served as the third in a 3 course series to complete the introduction to knowledge, skills and techniques necessary for writing successful grant proposals, especially NIH. However, the series is being reduced to 2 courses and this one deleted.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: Needed to compete with national trends
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? This course is being terminated to compete with national trends to reduce the credits for clinical research training.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? Yes, 1 time
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Objectives: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Learning Outcomes: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Major Topics: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Textbooks: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Assignments, Exams and Tests: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Attendance Policy: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Policy on Make-up Work: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.
- Program This Course Supports: Has served the MSMS in Clinical & Translational Research which is being reduced from 38 to 32 credits. Course is being terminated.
- Course Concurrence Information: Not Applicable. Course is being terminated.