Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - EDA6945
Tracking Number - 2206
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2010-08-25
Submission Type: Change
Course Change Information (for course changes only): Change course hours to variable 3-8. This is making the course as it was listed originally in the program.
Comments: GC approved 10/15/09; sent to UGS for SCNS submission 11/18/09; SCNS approved. Effective 12/11/09
- Date & Time Submitted: 2009-10-01
- Department: Educational Leadership
- College: ED
- Budget Account Number: TPA 173500
- Contact Person: Darlene Bruner
- Phone: 46039
- Email: email@example.com
- Prefix: EDA
- Number: 6945
- Full Title: Administrative Practicum
- Credit Hours: 6
- Section Type: I -
Internships (Including Practicum)
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: Y
- Are the credit hours variable?: Y
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Adm. Practicum
- Course Online?: C -
Face-to-face (0% online)
- Percentage Online: 0
- Grading Option:
S - S/U Only
- Prerequisites: Must be taken in last semester or next to last semester of program
- Course Description: The practicum provides students with opportunities to explore, apply, and reflect on their knowledge, skills, and dispositions in a variety of situations in a field setting.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: Needed to meet state requirements, licensure, etc
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? This course is offered each semester for eligible masters students in Educational Leadership.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times?
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) Experience in the field of Educational Leadership
- Objectives: Practicum field activities will vary widely among students but should be organized around a plan that (1) is related to the administrative needs of the school setting, (2) strengthens the leadership needs/experiences of the practicum student, and (3) demonstrates performance in the range of program domains.
- Learning Outcomes: Students will demonstrate knowledge and field activities demonstrating proficiency in the seven domains of the prgram: visionary and strategic leadership; leadership for student performance; organizational and resource management;collaborative leadership; ethical leadership and social justice; legal, policy, and socio-cultural contexts of leadership; and technology.
- Major Topics: Visionary & Strategic Leadership
Leadership for Student Performance
Organizational & Resource Management
Ethical Leadership & Social Justice
Political & Socio-cultural Contexts of Leadership
- Textbooks: At the discretion of instructor.
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases:
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy: The practicum is graded as S (satisfactory completion of practicum activities and products) or U (unsatisfactory completion of practicum activities and products).
- Assignments, Exams and Tests: Both the student and the administrator/mentor will complete the Practicum Final Evaluation, discuss them together, and place them at the end of the practicum notebook.
- Attendance Policy:
- Policy on Make-up Work:
- Program This Course Supports: Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
- Course Concurrence Information: