Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - MAN6748
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive
Submission Type: New
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
Comments: College approved 4/6/10; Grad Council approved 4/19/10; to SCNS Liaison 5/13/10; SCNS approved - posted in Banner. Effective 8/1/2010. Number changed from 6xxx to 6748
- Department and Contact Information
Tracking Number Date & Time Submitted 2202 2009-09-29 Department College Budget Account Number Management BA 140500 Contact Person Phone Dr. Alan Balfour 9741785 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Information
Prefix Number Full Title MAN 6748 Assessing Sustainable Performance of Organizations Is the course title variable? N Is a permit required for registration? N Are the credit hours variable? N Is this course repeatable? If repeatable, how many times? 0 Credit Hours Section Type Grading Option 3 D - Discussion (Primarily) R - Regular Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum) Assess Sus Perf of Orgs Course Online? Percentage Online C - Face-to-face (0% online) 0
The course helps students to conceptualize a sustainable organization and use that as a benchmark to analyze the performance of organizations aspiring for long-term survival and growth.
A. Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course.
Needed for program/concentration/certificate change
B. What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service?
Required for MS in Management students.
Elective for MBA and other graduate students.
Anticipation section per academic year.
C. Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times?
Yes, 3 or more times
D. What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.)
Ph.D. in Management or closely related field.
- Other Course Information
• To make students aware of the sustainable development philosophy and its business logic
• To make students aware of the corporate sustainability ideology
• To make students conceptualize a sustainable enterprise
• To make students aware of the concept of triple bottom line
• To make students aware of the various theoretical approaches to understand organizational performance
B. Learning Outcomes
Students will develop their critical thinking abilities and analytical skills to assess the triple bottom line performance of corporations
C. Major Topics
• The triple bottom line framework
• Theoretical lenses to understand organizational performance
• Corporate economic performance
• Corporate social performance
• Corporate environmental performance
• Corporate social performance, corporate environmental performance and corporate financial performance
Book: The triple bottom line: Does it all add up? by Adrian Henriques and Julie Richardson, 2004, Earthscan. ISBN: 1-84407-015-8
E. Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases
F. Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy
G. Assignments, Exams and Tests
H. Attendance Policy
I. Policy on Make-up Work
J. Program This Course Supports
Master of Science in Management MSM and Master of Business Admin (MBA)
- Course Concurrence Information
Master and Ph.D.