Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - MAE7945
Tracking Number - 1990
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2004-07-02
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Date & Time Submitted: 2004-02-06
- Department: Secondary Education
- College: ED
- Budget Account Number: 172400000
- Contact Person: D. Thompson
- Phone: 42687
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prefix: MAE
- Number: 7945
- Full Title: Practicum in Mathematics Education
- Credit Hours: 3
- Section Type: C -
Class Lecture (Primarily)
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: N
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Practicum Math Ed
- Course Online?: -
- Percentage Online:
- Grading Option:
R - Regular
- Prerequisites: Admission to the Ph.D. Program with emphasis in Mathematics Education or CI.
- Corequisites: None
- Course Description: This practicum provides doctoral students in mathematics education an opportunity to engage in professional experiences in teaching or research that are individualized to meet future academic needs and goals.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: Students earning a Ph.D. with an emphasis in mathematics education should have experiences in teaching courses at different levels and experiences in conducting research prior to the dissertation. This course is individualized in nature to provide doctora
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? Required in the major.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? None.
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) Doctorate in mathematics education or related field.
- Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will demonstrate at least one of the following:
1. The ability to plan and conduct a course in the undergraduate mathematics education curriculum.
2. The ability to contribute to a research project, either individually or as a member of a research team.
3. The ability to use the standards of the profession in scholarly writing in mathematics education.
- Learning Outcomes: • Grading will be based on individual contracts developed between student and instructor.
- Major Topics: There are no set topics for this course. The course is individualized in nature, to provide teaching or research experiences based on the needs of students and their prior background.
- Textbooks: None specified.
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases:
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy:
- Assignments, Exams and Tests:
- Attendance Policy:
- Policy on Make-up Work:
- Program This Course Supports:
- Course Concurrence Information: