Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - PHT6606
Tracking Number - 1973
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2004-07-02
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Date & Time Submitted: 2004-02-24
- Department: PHYSICAL THERAPY
- College: MD
- Budget Account Number: 614000020
- Contact Person: R. HUDSON
- Phone: 47745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prefix: PHT
- Number: 6606
- Full Title: Critical Inquiry I
- Credit Hours: 3
- Section Type: C -
Class Lecture (Primarily)
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: N
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Critical Inquiry I
- Course Online?: -
- Percentage Online:
- Grading Option:
R - Regular
- Prerequisites: N/A
- Corequisites: N/A
- Course Description: Introduction to critical inquiry skills of the physical therapist with successful preparation of an in-depth literature review on a selected topic in musculoskeletal or cardiopulmonary movement disorders. Restricted to majors. Repeatable for 3 credits.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: New degree program - DPT
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? Part of required sequence in major.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? No
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) Licensed physical therapist with advanced degree in discipline.
- Objectives: 1.Conduct a detailed review and analysis of selected physical therapy literature based on:
b.Quality and appropriateness of sources in the review of literature
f.Trustworthiness of qualitative data
i.Discussion and clinical relevance
j.Contribution to the body of physical therapy knowledge
2.Determine best clinical practice for selected musculoskeletal or cardiopulmonary impairments,movement disorders and populations based on a review of the existing evidence.
3.Critique protocols and guidelines based on a review of literature.
4.Accurately and thoroughly reference peer-reviewed literature and evidence-based practice for a given topic related to musculoskeletal or cardiopulmonary movement disorders.
5.Prepare an oral presentation to summarize current studies on a selected topic including what is currently known and suggestions for further research.
- Learning Outcomes: Meets course objectives through exam and evaluation.
- Major Topics: Literature review on a selected topic in musculoskeletal or cardiopulmonary movement disorders.
- Textbooks: Selected readings. Specific required and recommended readings will be posted to the “Assignments” sections of the Blackboard web page for this course at least one week in advance of their due dates. Links to required and recommended readings from online resources will be posted to the “Web Links” section of the BlackBoard course page.
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases:
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy:
- Assignments, Exams and Tests:
- Attendance Policy:
- Policy on Make-up Work:
- Program This Course Supports:
- Course Concurrence Information: