Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - PHT7817
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Department and Contact Information
Tracking Number Date & Time Submitted 1958 2004-02-25 Department College Budget Account Number PHYSICAL THERAPY MD 614000020 Contact Person Phone R. HUDSON 47745 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Information
Prefix Number Full Title PHT 7817 Critical Education II Is the course title variable? N Is a permit required for registration? N Are the credit hours variable? N Is this course repeatable? If repeatable, how many times? 0 Credit Hours Section Type Grading Option 6 I - Internships (Including Practicum) S - S/U Only Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum) Critical Education II Course Online? Percentage Online -
PHT 6806, PHT 6962, PHT 6963
Intermediate clinical education to develop skills in inpatient physical therapy centers. Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade. Restricted to majors. Repeatable for 6 credit hours.
A. Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course.
New Degree Program – DPT
B. What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service?
Part of required sequence in major.
C. Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times?
D. What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.)
Licensed physical therapist with advanced degree in discipline.
- Other Course Information
1. Self assess completion of identified goals and learning needs for Clinical Education I related to items 1-15 of the Clinical Performance Instrument.
2. Perform examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention and outcomes on assigned patients who are medically stable and less complex under close supervision in an inpatient setting.
3. Complete an evaluation of the clinical experience identifying the major strengths and weaknesses of learning opportunities.
4. Complete all required certifications and mandatory continuing education.
5. Discuss the qualifications and skills required of clinical instructors.
B. Learning Outcomes
Meets course objectives through exam and evaluation.
C. Major Topics
Clinical education to develop skills in inpatient physical therapy centers.
School of Physical Therapy Clinical Education Manual. Specific required and recommended readings will be posted to the “Assignments” sections of the Blackboard web page for this course at least one week in advance of their due dates. Links to required and recommended readings from online resources will be posted to the “Web Links” section of the BlackBoard course page.
E. Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases
F. Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy
G. Assignments, Exams and Tests
H. Attendance Policy
I. Policy on Make-up Work
J. Program This Course Supports
- Course Concurrence Information