Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - PHT7823
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Department and Contact Information
Tracking Number Date & Time Submitted 1957 2004-02-25 Department College Budget Account Number PHYSICAL THERAPY MD 614000020 Contact Person Phone R. HUDSON 47745 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Information
Prefix Number Full Title PHT 7823 Critical Education III Is the course title variable? N Is a permit required for registration? N Are the credit hours variable? N Is this course repeatable? If repeatable, how many times? 0 Credit Hours Section Type Grading Option 12 I - Internships (Including Practicum) S - S/U Only Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum) Critical Education III Course Online? Percentage Online -
PHT 6806, PHT 7817
Capstone clinical education to develop entry level competence in physical therapy practice in preparation for state licensure. Restricted to majors. Repeatable for 12 credit hours.
A. Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course.
New Degree Program – DPT
B. What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service?
Part of required sequence in major.
C. Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times?
D. What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.)
Licensed physical therapist with advanced degree in discipline.
- Other Course Information
1. Self assess progress towards identified goals and learning needs for Clinical Education III on items 1-24 of the Clinical Performance Instrument.
2. Perform examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention and outcomes on assigned patients who are increasingly complex with decreasing levels of supervision for clinical decision making.
3. Demonstrate skills in quality assurance, management of resources, and other indirect patient care duties.
4. Demonstrate professionalism and reflective practice.
5. Complete all required certifications and mandatory continuing education.
6. Critique the performance of clinical instructors and begin to develop strategies to prepare for clinical instructor role.
B. Learning Outcomes
Meets course objectives through exam and evaluation.
C. Major Topics
Clinical education to develop entry level competence in physical therapy practice.
School of Physical Therapy Clinical Education Manual. Specific required and recommended readings will be posted to the “Assignments” sections of the Blackboard web page for this course at least one week in advance of their due dates. Links to required and recommended readings from online resources will be posted to the “Web Links” section of the BlackBoard course page.
E. Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases
F. Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy
G. Assignments, Exams and Tests
H. Attendance Policy
I. Policy on Make-up Work
J. Program This Course Supports
- Course Concurrence Information