Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - BME6931
Tracking Number - 1863
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2005-05-27
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Date & Time Submitted: 2005-04-07
- Department: Chemical Engineering
- College: EN
- Budget Account Number: 2107 000 00
- Contact Person: Bill Lee
- Phone: 9742136
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prefix: BME
- Number: 6931
- Full Title: Selected Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- Credit Hours: 3-1
- Section Type: C -
Class Lecture (Primarily)
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: N
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Selected Topics BME
- Course Online?: -
- Percentage Online:
- Grading Option:
R - Regular
- Prerequisites: Graduate standing in engineering or CI.
- Corequisites: None
- Course Description: Selected topics in biomedical engineering, including focused topics in biomechanics, biomedical imaging, biomaterials, biomedical instrumentaiton and sensors, tissue and cellular engineering, and clinical engineering & health systems.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: With the newly approved Ph.D. program in biomedical engineering (BME), it is important to have a 6000 level "selected topics" course for: 1) a mechanism to offer/evaluate new courses in BME; 2) a means of offering courses that might only be offered occasi
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? With the expansion of the graduate program in biomedical engineering at USF (in terms of new faculty, more research, etc.), an expansion which has been significant in the last few years and should continue to do so, the course offering would also be expected to expand. In particular, the recently approved PhD in BME needs an expanded course list to provide adequate training for these students. At present, there is no such "selected topics" course to allow the offering of new courses or occasionally offered "focused" courses.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? N/A.
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) As appropriate, the instructor should have a PhD. or M.D. in a relevant engineering or medical science discipline.
- Objectives: Depends on the specific "selected topic". In general, this would be expected to be a graduate-level treatment of a focused topic in a biomedical engineering discipline.
- Learning Outcomes: Depends on the specific "selected topic".
- Major Topics: Depends on the specific "selected topic". In general, this would be expected to be a graduate-level treatment of a focused topic in a biomedical engineering discipline.
- Textbooks: As determined by the "selected topic" instructor.
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases:
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy:
- Assignments, Exams and Tests:
- Attendance Policy:
- Policy on Make-up Work:
- Program This Course Supports:
- Course Concurrence Information: