Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - ARC6950
Tracking Number - 1857
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2005-05-27
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Date & Time Submitted: 2005-04-21
- Department: Architecture
- College: FA
- Budget Account Number: 330000000
- Contact Person: Dan Powers
- Phone: 46018
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prefix: ARC
- Number: 6950
- Full Title: Terminal Master's Project
- Credit Hours: 6
- Section Type: L -
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: Y
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Terminal Master's Project
- Course Online?: -
- Percentage Online:
- Grading Option:
R - Regular
- Prerequisites: Master's Project Planning - ARC 6970
- Corequisites: N/A
- Course Description: Students will independently investigate an architectural topic of personal interest. The requireMDnts the submission of a research and design docuMDnt and the preparation of juried presentation of the work.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: As per instruction from office of graduate studies, as we no longer offer a THesis. THe faculty may elect to do so again in the future
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? Final independent design produced imMDdiately prior to graduation.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? No, a different naMD and number (for Thesis) was used in the past.
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) Must be a full-tiMD tenure earning MDmber of the faculty.
- Objectives: To encourage and facilitate independent design. The Terminal Master's Project will require a high degree of student initiative and decision-making, starting with the student's freedom to identify a topic of particular personal interest.
- Learning Outcomes: Part of the final project requireMDnt is the submission of a research and design docuMDnt. The Terminal Master's Project final written submission s hould display the student's abilities to conduct independent written and design work and to be effectively communicate the study's results.
- Major Topics: Students submit topic proposals for approval by the faculty prior to taking the course.
- Textbooks: None assigned. Course readings subject to individual proposed topic.
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases:
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy:
- Assignments, Exams and Tests:
- Attendance Policy:
- Policy on Make-up Work:
- Program This Course Supports:
- Course Concurrence Information: