Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - GMS6941
Tracking Number - 1803
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2006-05-05
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Date & Time Submitted: 2005-11-04
- Department: Medical Ethics and Humanities (Internal Medicine)
- College: MD
- Budget Account Number: 610605
- Contact Person: Lois LaCivita Nixon
- Phone: 9745300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prefix: GMS
- Number: 6941
- Full Title: Bioethics and Medical Humanities Internship
- Credit Hours: 3
- Section Type: I -
Internships (Including Practicum)
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: Y
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Bioethics/Med Hum Internship
- Course Online?: -
- Percentage Online:
- Grading Option:
R - Regular
- Prerequisites: Approval from advisor/ program director
- Corequisites: None
- Course Description: Supervised Field experience in related activities/organizations relating to bioethics and/or medical humanities.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: Internship experience provides students with an opportunity for supervised activities in a professional setting that has bearing on the program. The Internship experience takes the student form the classroom to the workspace where the student can gain an
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? This course is required for the MABMH degree.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? Yes, 6
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) PhD in Humanities discipline or faculty standing in COM, CON, or COPH.
- Objectives: The objectives are project specific as agreed upon by students and supervisor, but will relate to the programís general purpose, focus, and range of study possibilities.
- Learning Outcomes: Individual learning outcomes will depend on students' interests and the individuality of the internship site. Such specific outcomes should reflect the general learning outcome.
- Major Topics: Course "topics" will depend upon the internship site chosen by the student in consultation with the student's advisor.
- Textbooks: Each student will develop a list of readings that are relevant to the specific internship site and experiences. The proposed reading list must be approved by advisor.
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases:
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy:
- Assignments, Exams and Tests:
- Attendance Policy:
- Policy on Make-up Work:
- Program This Course Supports:
- Course Concurrence Information: