Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - NGR6185
Tracking Number - 1777
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2006-05-05
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Date & Time Submitted: 2006-02-27
- Department: Nursing
- College: NR
- Budget Account Number: 62100-000-0
- Contact Person: Judith Karshmer
- Phone: 9479229
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prefix: NGR
- Number: 6185
- Full Title: Medical Laboratory Interpretation for the Advanced Practice Nu
- Credit Hours: 1
- Section Type: C -
Class Lecture (Primarily)
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: N
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Med Lab Inter for Adv Prac Nur
- Course Online?: -
- Percentage Online:
- Grading Option:
R - Regular
- Course Description: Interpretation of common medical laboratory results for the Advanced Practice Nurse with focus on the differential diagnosis.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: To support nurse practitionerís skills
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? This content is not in current curriculu
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? No
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) Graduate degree in Nursing
- Objectives: 1. Discuss and interpret basic laboratory results. 2. Identify normal and abnormal laboratory findings. 3. Apply findings to clinical situations to rule out differential diagnosis. 4. Discuss pre-operative clearance for the surgical patient. 5. Demonstrate working knowledge of the concepts of differential diagnosis in interpretation of reports.
- Learning Outcomes: 1. Discuss and interpret basic laboratory results.
2. Identify normal and abnormal laboratory findings.
3. Apply findings to clinical situations to rule out differential diagnosis.
4. Discuss pre-operative clearance for the surgical patient.
5. Demonstrate working knowledge of the concepts of differential diagnosis in interpretation of reports.
- Major Topics: 1. Epidemiologic principles of Laboratory reporting
2. Interpretation of Laboratory and other reports using concepts of differential diagnosis
6. Cardiac Enzymes and related cardiac
7. Liver enzymes
8. ABG/PFT interpretation
9. Pre-operative evaluation and clearance
- Textbooks: Pagana,K. D., and Pagana, T. J. (2004)Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases:
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy:
- Assignments, Exams and Tests:
- Attendance Policy:
- Policy on Make-up Work:
- Program This Course Supports:
- Course Concurrence Information: