Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - NGR6185
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
- Department and Contact Information
Tracking Number Date & Time Submitted 1777 2006-02-27 Department College Budget Account Number Nursing NR 62100-000-0 Contact Person Phone Judith Karshmer 9479229 email@example.com
- Course Information
Prefix Number Full Title NGR 6185 Medical Laboratory Interpretation for the Advanced Practice Nu Is the course title variable? N Is a permit required for registration? N Are the credit hours variable? N Is this course repeatable? If repeatable, how many times? 0 Credit Hours Section Type Grading Option 1 C - Class Lecture (Primarily) R - Regular Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum) Med Lab Inter for Adv Prac Nur Course Online? Percentage Online -
Interpretation of common medical laboratory results for the Advanced Practice Nurse with focus on the differential diagnosis.
A. Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course.
To support nurse practitioner’s skills
B. What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service?
This content is not in current curriculu
C. Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times?
D. What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.)
Graduate degree in Nursing
- Other Course Information
1. Discuss and interpret basic laboratory results. 2. Identify normal and abnormal laboratory findings. 3. Apply findings to clinical situations to rule out differential diagnosis. 4. Discuss pre-operative clearance for the surgical patient. 5. Demonstrate working knowledge of the concepts of differential diagnosis in interpretation of reports.
B. Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss and interpret basic laboratory results.
2. Identify normal and abnormal laboratory findings.
3. Apply findings to clinical situations to rule out differential diagnosis.
4. Discuss pre-operative clearance for the surgical patient.
5. Demonstrate working knowledge of the concepts of differential diagnosis in interpretation of reports.
C. Major Topics
1. Epidemiologic principles of Laboratory reporting
2. Interpretation of Laboratory and other reports using concepts of differential diagnosis
6. Cardiac Enzymes and related cardiac
7. Liver enzymes
8. ABG/PFT interpretation
9. Pre-operative evaluation and clearance
Pagana,K. D., and Pagana, T. J. (2004)Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference
E. Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases
F. Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy
G. Assignments, Exams and Tests
H. Attendance Policy
I. Policy on Make-up Work
J. Program This Course Supports
- Course Concurrence Information