Graduate Studies Reports Access
Graduate Course Proposal Form Submission Detail - IDS6946
Tracking Number - 1530
Edit function not enabled for this course.
Approved, Permanent Archive - 2010-04-06
Submission Type: New
Course Change Information (for course changes only):
Comments: Approved by GC 10/19/09; Sent to USF SCNS Office 11/23/09; SCNS approved 3/29/10, effective 1/2010. NUMBER CHANGED from 6007 to 6946. Posted in banner 3/29/10
- Date & Time Submitted: 2009-09-10
- Department: Dean's Office
- College: GS
- Budget Account Number: TPA10000 390000 000000 0000000
- Contact Person: Karen Liller
- Phone: X7359
- Email: email@example.com
- Prefix: IDS
- Number: 6946
- Full Title: Sustainabilty Internship
- Credit Hours: 6
- Section Type: I -
Internships (Including Practicum)
- Is the course title variable?: N
- Is a permit required for registration?: N
- Are the credit hours variable?: N
- Is this course repeatable?:
- If repeatable, how many times?: 0
- Abbreviated Title (30 characters maximum): Sus Intern
- Course Online?: B -
Face-to-face and online (separate sections)
- Percentage Online: 0
- Grading Option:
S - S/U Only
- Course Description: The Sustainabilty Internship allows students to develop and practice skills related to global sustainability in developed and/or developing countries.
- Please briefly explain why it is necessary and/or desirable to add this course: Needed for new program/concentration/certificate
- What is the need or demand for this course? (Indicate if this course is part of a required sequence in the major.) What other programs would this course service? There is a definite need for this course as it will provide the core practical experience for students in the program.
- Has this course been offered as Selected Topics/Experimental Topics course? If yes, how many times? No
- What qualifications for training and/or experience are necessary to teach this course? (List minimum qualifications for the instructor.) Internship Directors should at a minimum have a masters degree and the university supervisor should have a minimum of a doctoral degree with experience in global sustainability.
- Objectives: Perform Internship responsibilites in assigned settings.
- Learning Outcomes: Successful completion of internship goals and objectives.
- Major Topics: Developed by Internship Setting
- Textbooks: N/A
- Course Readings, Online Resources, and Other Purchases: N/A
- Student Expectations/Requirements and Grading Policy: Students must pass all internship requirements that will be determined by the student, university, and internship setting.
- Assignments, Exams and Tests: N/A
- Attendance Policy: Must follow university and setting policies pertaining to attendance.
- Policy on Make-up Work: Must follow all university policies related to academic integrity pertaining to the internship.
- Program This Course Supports: Master of Arts in Global Sustainabilty
- Course Concurrence Information: N/A