Graduate Student Orientation
Graduate students now represent 10% of the student body at USF. Although you will spend most of your time in the confines of your department, we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to learn about the resources and service the University and the Graduate School make available to support your education and professional development.
The orientation program is sponsored by the Graduate School for all new students. You will be introduced to a wide range of offices, organizations, and service that are here for you. You will hear from faculty, staff and current students who will share information and advice to ease your transition and enrich your experience at USF.
Many graduate program also schedule (and some require attendance at) departmental orientation that focus on your academic program and department/college resources, and we encourage you to attend yours. Contact your program director for details.
FALL 2013 USF Graduate School Orientation
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:00-8:00 pm, Marshall Student Center
The USF Graduate School will hold Fall Graduate Student Orientation on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm in the Marshall Student Center (MSC) on the Tampa campus.
This orientation is an opportunity for new students to learn about key components of their graduate education experience from the Graduate School Dean, staff and representatives from other important student services areas.
Below is a tentative schedule of the orientation activities slated for August 13th. A detailed schedule and registration material will be posted soon. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gary Oliver (Assistant Director for Graduate Student Services) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Student Orientation
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM - Orientation Registration & Check-in
- 4:00 - 5:00 PM - Opening Session
- 5:00 - 5:30 PM - Financial Aid Information Session
- 5:30 - 6:30 PM - Information Fair
- 5:30 - 7:40 PM - Concurrent Breakout Sessions
- 8:00 PM - New Graduate Student Social Hour & Reception
The Graduate School welcomes you to the University of South Florida!
You have taken an exciting step in your life by choosing to obtain a graduate degree from USF. As you prepare to begin your graduate journey here at USF, please review the information on this website. This information will help you move forward with your graduate experience and, ultimately commencement, where you will attain your graduate degree! You may want to bookmark it for future reference as the information and links will be continuously updated. We wish you every success in meeting your educational goals.
Spring 2013 Graduate Orientation Power Point
- Create Your NETID and Setup Your Student Email Account
- Contact Your Program to Select Courses
- See Which Courses are Available
- Florida Residency Information
- Immunization Health History Forms
- Register for Classes(payment is not due until the first week of classes)
- Financial Aid
- Obtain Your Student ID Card
- Obtain Your Parking Permit
- Graduate Student Life Guide