One benefit of being a Graduate Assistant (Class Code 9181, 9182, 9183, 9184, 9185 or 9550) is eligibility to receive a subsidy from the university to help offset part of the cost of individual health insurance and make it more affordable for GAs who participates in the USF Student Health Insurance Plan. The 2011/2012 individual annual premium is $1,806. USF will pay $1,806 toward the annual premium for eligible GAs with a .50 FTE appointment (20 hours per week), and $1,355 toward the annual premium for eligible GAs with at least a .25 FTE appointment (10 hours per week). The university’s contribution is paid directly to the insurance company. The GA is responsible for paying the balance of the premium. GAs must enroll in the Plan during the Open Enrollment period to be eligible and insurable for the semester(s) of employment, and must maintain eligibility throughout the semester(s).
Graduate Assistants may enroll online (follow the prompts) during Open Enrollment at the start of the Fall and Spring semesters.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) contain additional information about enrollment, eligibility, the university’s subsidy, payroll deduction and more. For questions regarding the GA subsidy call Human Resources at (813) 974-2970.
The Student Health Insurance Office is located in the SHS Annex, next to the Student Health Services Building, and administers the student health insurance program. For questions about the content of the Plan (coverage, referrals, filing claims, etc.), visit the website or call (813) 974-5407 or email email@example.com.
Click here to read letter to the Graduate Community regarding the 2011/2012 GA Health Insurance and Subsidy Program.
- The Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Application is open
- Lizette Howard Receives Finalist Status for Presidential Management Fellowship
- USF Hosts Graduate Research Symposium
- Space Aeronautics Internship Program At Exploration Park
- Vinicio Carias Receives Fulbright Award
- 2013 Collegiate Inventors Competition
- Joanna Rozpedowski Receives Fulbright Award
- Spring 2013 Graduate School Newsletter
- 2013 Innovation in Graduate Education Challenge
- Study Abroad Opportunities for Graduate Students
- Global Governance and Sustainable Communities Conference
- Avoid last-minute assignment stress - Seek help from your librarian NOW
- 2012-2013 Graduate Student Research Challenge Grant Presentations
- US Teaching Assistantships at Austrian Secondary Schools
- 2013 Graduate School Sponsored Fellowship Applications Now Available
- USF Entrepreneurship Program Shines
- USF featured in the Chronicle of Higher Education
- 2012 Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentor Awards