Mission & Goals
Mission of the Office of Graduate Studies
The University of South Florida Office of Graduate Studies serves as the center of leadership for graduate education at the University of South Florida.
Office of Graduate Studies Strategic Goals
- Enhance domestic and international recruitment, enrollment, and retention of graduate students that reflects diversity.
- Strive to enhance the academic experience of and the quality of life for graduate students.
- Incorporate academic procedures and policies that allow for students’ success and smooth transition to becoming alumni.
- Pursue research funding and conduct and publish research that leads to opportunities for graduate student success.
- Partner with the Office of Research and Innovation to develop creative initiatives that promote graduate student research.
- Serve as a leader in promoting interdisciplinary graduate programs.
- Support and enhance the academic experience of postdoctoral scholars.
- Strategically plan for the continued growth and professional development of Office of Graduate Studies staff to best meet their needs and that of a growing and diverse graduate student body .