Back To Top
Tools and Information for Postdocs
Information for Faculty & Administrators
Expectations and Responsibilities of Postdoctoral Scholars
- The conscientious discharge of research or scholarship responsibilities, which may include teaching responsibilities for postdoctoral scholars.
- Conformance to standards of responsible, ethical conduct in research, including taking all current required training.
- Compliance with all relevant federal, state and municipal regulations and guidelines that relate to human subjects research, the care and use of laboratory animals, and the use of hazardous materials.
- Compliance with good scholarly and research practice.
- Open and timely discussion with the faculty mentor regarding all facets of the postdoctoral appointee's research activities.
- Accurate and timely recording and documentation of research results.
- Prompt disclosure to the mentor regarding the possession and desire to distribute materials, reagents, software, copyrightable and potentially patentable discoveries derived from the postdoctoral scholar's research.
- Collegial conduct towards members of the research group.
- Compliance with all applicable policies and procedures of the University and the department/responsible unit.
- Maintenance of a laboratory notebook (if applicable) and/or other comparable records of research activity, which remain the property of USF upon termination.
- Adherence to university standards regarding use of isotopes, chemicals, infectious agents, animals, human subjects, and the like (if applicable).