Apply to USF Now | Graduate Admissions | Events & Workshops | Giving to the Office of Graduate Studies
Back To Top
ETD Process Requirements
ETD Process Checklists
ETD Formatting Requirements
ETD Quick Links
About the Author
About the Author (Optional)
About the Author is a brief biographical sketch written in the 3rd person. It generally contains
the author's full name, educational background, professional achievements, and important events
(i.e.: military service, travel, awards, recognition, etc.). Please note, this section
cannot be longer than a page and does not have a page number.
Deleting a Page Number on the Last Page
- Insert a section break at the end of the previous page.
- Open the footer in the About the Author page and select the page number.
- De-select "Link to Previous" in the Header/Footer menu.
- Select the page number and hit the Delete key.
- Check to see that all previous page numbers are still there - if they aren't, use your
"Undo" button on the ribbon to undo what you just did.
Section Heading Formatting
- Line Spacing: Double-spaced
- Page Number: No page number used on the page, list as "END PAGE" in the ToC
About the Author Formatting
- All 1st-order headings must be 2" from the top edge of the page and must be styled consistently.
- About the Author cannot be longer than one page.