Apply to USF Now | Graduate Admissions | Events & Workshops | Giving to the Office of Graduate Studies
Back To Top
ETD Process Requirements
ETD Process Checklists
ETD Formatting Requirements
ETD Quick Links
The Acknowledgment is a brief paragraph expressing recognition of and appreciation for special professional assistance
extended to you by academic personnel, agencies, and institutions. The Acknowledgment(s) section is optional - students
do not need to include an Acknowledgments section in their thesis/dissertation.
Section Heading Formatting
- Line Spacing: Double-spaced
- Page Number: No page number is included on the Acknowledgments section
- All 1st-order headings must be 2" from the top edge of the page and must be styled consistently.
- Please use the American spelling of Acknowledgments - No 'e' after the 'g'.
- Use the same paragraph style and formatting used in the body of the manuscript.